Saturday, March 9, 2013

Project: Dream Room

Today, I designed my dream room with this really cool software called Autodesk Homestyler. I really like the interface for simple redecorating or remodeling projects. I still like Skethup 8 for bigger stuff.

Before I go into detail about the after part, I need to tell you about the before. I would take pictures, but 1) it is night time which equals bad lighting, and 2) it might be a little too close for comfort to have pics of my room on the interwebs, so I will go with the description route. Basically, the layout of the room is exactly the same as in the screenshots. The little room with the bed in it, right now, is a black hole of storage and junk because it isn't usable since it doesn't have any AC or heater. The main room is just like a typical room with bed, desk, and drawer sets. I have two right now. The color is light pink. The bathroom is beige and has the same layout as pictured.

So now that you have a basic idea of the before, here is the after!




I am sorry about the poor angles. There is now way to tilt the camera slightly more to a bird's eye view. I did the best I could. I hope you like it, and are inspired!



No comments:

Post a Comment