Monday, January 7, 2013

All-Time Favs- Songs

I love many different songs, mainly all pop songs, but there are a select few that stick out in my mind as all-time favorites. Most of these made the list because of some sentimental memory that is associated with it.

1. The Safety Dance- Men without Hats
My parents told me I used to dance to this song all the time when I was about two. They even have a video of me bopping to this song in the living room. I guess you could say it was the beginning of my dancing career.

2. Baby Beluga
I know this is kind of silly, but it was my favorite song to sing in music class in Kindergarten.

3. This Little Light of Mine
This is a religious song that all of my Communion Class song at our First Communion.

4.Replay- Iyaz
Iyaz, man, you really disappointed me by being a one hit wonder. Replay was my first favorite top 40's song because this was popular right around the time I discovered the radio.

5. Say Hey- Michael Franti
I don't know, but this song is just so catchy, and I love it.

6. Poker Face- Lady Gaga
During my earliest dances with my friends this song would always play and this one kid would always do this really cheesy dance that became a staple of every dance since. Later, my school banned Lady Gaga songs, so when they wouldn't play it, we had a sitdown strike, and nobody would dance, but it didn't work. Thankfully, at our last school dance we were allowed to play it, and it was a really great moment watching the same kid do the same dance.

7. Wavin' Flag- K'naan
I have camp, family, and friend memories associated with this song.

8. While we are on the subject of camp, I would like to make a shoutout to all my beloved camp songs including Whooping Bird, Little Red Wagon, and Boddidli Bop.

9. Forget You- Cee lo Green
There's not really any story behind this, I just like it a lot.

10. We are Young- Fun.
Many memories are associated with this song including my class trip to Washington D.C. It was the best 3 days of my life, and this song brings me back every time.

11. I'll be There- Jackson Five (remix by Mariah Carey)
The Mariah Carrey version of this song was my parents wedding song. I also love Michael Jackson, so of course this song makes the list.

12. Grenade- Bruno Mars
I can sing this song front to back, and it is sung by one of my favorite singers.

13. Dog Days are Over- Florence and the Machine
Florence is absolutely amazing, and this song seriously is one of the best ever. I also like her song Cosmic Love.

14. Home- Phillip Phillips
I don't know what it is about this song, but I love the melody and everything!

Well that's my list as of now, the seventh of December! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment